Monday, July 9, 2012

4 days to go....

Have I mentioned how glad  I am that this is the last Monday????  If not, I am so thankful that we do not have another Monday to be up really early (have I mentioned I'm not a morning person??) and go to different hospitals.  Although Roy's radiation treatment was scheduled for the afternoon.  Tomorrow he will have two treatments..early morning and then mid-afternoon with a doctor's appointment thrown in there for good measure.  This is the oncologist and the way it goes is the nurse comes in and asks all the same questions that were asked  the last 4 weeks..then we wait...and the PA (physican's assistant) comes in and asks basically the same questions...she takes notes...this takes about 30 minutes or maybe more.  Then the oncologist comes in asks maybe one or two questions and she spends about 5 minutes with us and we leave!  You know doctor's make a lot of money when you think of how much time they spend with us...at least these doctors do.

The swallowing is getting pregressive harder.  I am praying that he will figure out what he can eat that is easier to manage and learn to pace himself as he eats.  He has lost a lot of his appetite and rightfully so considering how hard it is.  It feels as though it is stuck but it's still not bad enough for the doctors to do anything about it.  They do not feel it will get any worse..which is a blessing.  We are thankful that they have said there really isn't anything they would do here so it's still ok to travel.  If it got real bad the solution is to go in and open his esophagus and he's not anywhere near having to do that.

I think we are both ready for a break.  I know that we have not had it near as bad as others...all I have to do is look in the eyes of people I pass in the hallways and I see fear, pain and frustration...but when I talk to people I also hear hope.  I think if M.D. Anderson doesn't do anything else it gives a lot more people hope that they didn't get from the doctors in their home towns.

So, please continue to pray for us.  We have a 6 weeks break and then some decisions will be made.  Also, please pray for our trip to Russia.  Usually at this point I am packed and know exactly what I'm taking.  I still need to decide on Bible lessons and crafts for those lessons...pray that the Lord will show me what the children in Russia need to make Him alive in their hearts.

God is in control and holding our hand.

Linda
.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you guys. I know you must struggle to put into words just how different your world has been the past few months...but it's a comfort to know that God is with y'all every step of the way.

    Tim Perkins

    ReplyDelete