Saturday, August 11, 2012

One Week Later....

Well, we have been home for a week.  I think we are both over the jet lag and feeling fine.  Or rather we feel like we haven't been on a plane for 12 hours...leaving from England is so much easier than flying home from Russia.  There is a 9 hour difference between Texas and Russia but only a 6 hour difference between here and England.

Roy is doing a lot better now that he is back and able to just relax and eat the type of foods that he enjoys.  He did pull a muscle in his back.  He believes it happen at the beginning of the trip, probably from carrying luggage.  During the triip he kept saying he thought it was a kidney stone but he had it checked out yesterday and it was determined that it was not.

So, now we just wait...and pray.  I really am not sure what  I  am praying for.  I pray that they don't find any cancer when they do the petscan and endoscopy but then at the same time I'm afraid that the cancer would just be "hidden" and will come back.  But surgery is so invasive and I don't want him to go through the recovery from surgery.  This is a case of just turning it over to the Lord and we will deal with whatever He choses for our lives.

It is good to be home.  Although the heat is killing me.  But I like my "easy chair" and getting to watch the Olympics...there are so many places that we are recognizing.  It was so neat to be in London, I've decided that we need to plan to go to Rio..for the 2016 summer games.  You should have seen the look on Roy's face when I said that!

God is in control and holding our hand.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment