Monday, December 10, 2012

I have to laugh

Well, we got the call today that the results of the biopsy had come back.  It seems everything is clear.  Such a wonderful feeling that we don't have to go back to Houston for surgery.  We had wanted to make sure we had surgery in December.  Now, we will just worry about knee replacement and I know that sounds like a lot but after all that Roy has been through this past 9 months, this is a surgery that is not uncharted grounds.  He knows what it is like to have a replacement and knows he can do his rehab and feel so much better after the fact.

Now, what I meant by "have to laugh".  I thought I would update the blog but before I did I'd go to the M.D. Anderson's web site.  Sure enough there it was...the next appointment for another petscan and endoscopy.  You would think they'd give us at least a week to celebrate that we've made it 3 more months of no cancer cells being seen.  So, we go back to Houston March 15th. (Ryan's birthday!)

How do I really feel about it?  I'm thankful that we have this opportunity to have tests done.  It could be so much worse.  Had we chosen not to go to Houston Roy would have already had his stomach removed.  We would be dealing with a whole lot worse situation than just...more tests.  I'll go to Houston every 3 months for the rest of our lives if that's what it takes to have the life we live.  We are so blessed by our family and friends.  Unbelievable support in   different ways and from different people.  Roy is a true testamony of friends who love and pray for him on a daily basis.  I'm just in awe each time someone says "I'm praying for you"...Wesat down in front of an older couple (yea, there are people older than us!) at church the other Wednesday night and the lady asked how he was doing....I had never met these people.  The Lord is awesome...and definitely blesses our lives.

God is in control and holding our hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment