Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We're good!!!

As you can tell by the title of this blog that today went very well.  Obviously, we are so thankful that nothing was found during the colonscopy that Roy had today.

I hope that this has been a learning situation for me.  I told Roy on the way home that this is going to be our lives for awhile.  We are going to be told that there maybe something wrong and that we need to have it checked out.  I will then worry about what's going to be found.  I have faith, I pray and then I worry.  I realize this is just the way it's going to be for me.  This journey is far from over.  I also know that my faith also lays in the fact that God will be in control and we will meet the challenges faceing us in the coming years.

Our oncologist in Houston is the one who suggested the colonscopy.  She is very aggressive in suggesting procedures that will keep us informed about any return of cancer.  The gastro doctor here was surprized that a colonscopy was suggested.  He seemed to think that there wasn't enough reason to worry about it.  But, we are obviously glad to learn there's nothing going on.  He is going to be treated for anemia (where's spell check??)

So, bottom line is a huge thank you to all who have been reading updates.  Without your prayers and support this journey would not be as easy to endure.  We know that God gives us people in our lives who lift us up and we are at peace and so blessed to have friends who we know love us! 

The bluebirds came back this year.  I look at them as support and a way of showing God's love for us.


God is in control and holding our hands.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment