Monday, May 5, 2014

Houston..we are headed your way

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to even be posting this in our blog, since I only post so sporadically.  It has been 3 months and it's time to go back.  So, we are headed back to Houston on Friday for tests on Monday and Tuesday.

I'm always fine with what is going on until about the week before we go.  Then I start getting very nervous and start "planning" for the worse.  What happens to my faith the week before tests???  Have no idea.

We are getting to spend time with the Houston grandchildren while we are down there.  Tyler has a ballgame on Friday night and again on Monday night.  This will be the first time that we've been able to see him play 2 ballgames.  We feel pretty blessed to do that.  And, ofcourse, Miss Georgia Kate will be hanging around...I'm hoping she will at least acknowledge us.  She has a mind of her own and sometimes we just aren't very important to her.  Actually, she is so cute it doesn't bother me.  I love just watching her "doing her thing".

We have had a busy three months.  Between spending Spring Break with 3 out of the 4 kids in Galveston and going to all the ballgames I feel we haven't had much time to worry about cancer!  I also got to spend time with my college friends in Abilene.  We sponsor an Alzheimer's Dinner, Dance and Auction each year.  This year we were truly blessed to raise $90,000.  It was the 8th year that we have helped sponsor this event and it's amazing how much it has grown in those 8 years.

I tell myself each time I write that this is only about Roy and his journey, so forgive the personal notes.
We talked last night,  had it not been for finding his cancer when we did and having the treatment that he had, we were told that he would not be with me now.  It would have been too late.  God definitely works in our lives and I just praise Him and thank everyone for all the prayers that I know were lifted for us.

Please keep us in your prayers.  When we leave the Dr. office each time, they will tell us they will contact us with tests results.  They never do, so this last time I figured out if they don't call, that's good news.  Pray we don't get any phone calls from M.D.Anderson.  And, pray we can go 6 months before we have to go back!

God is in control and holding our hands.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment