Friday, June 8, 2012

He's home...all is well with the world

When we came home Tuesday, after the last Dr.'s appointment, and I  took Roy to Temple on Wednesday, I didn't realize how hard it would be for me not to be there with him.  Ryan took him on to Houston and they were together for the first two radiation treatments.  Apparently, it went well, Ryan had texted me that after the first treatment Roy and the nurses came out of the treatment room laughing.  If you know Roy well, you know he was telling one of his jokes...and I'm sure it's one he has told many times!

But, for me, being here in Fort Worth was not easy.  I really wanted to be there to know what was happening.  I guess this will be our lifestyle for the next several weeks.  I will come home on Wednesday and work Thursday and Friday.  Then on Friday I will drive back to Houston and pick him up to bring him home to Fort Worth. 

There is one week-end that Shay (our oldest granddaughter) has a softball game there in Houston.  It must be an all star game...can't remember what I was told about it.  But we will stay and watch her play, otherwise we want to spend our week-end here so that we can get caught up and beable to attend church with our friends.

We are thankful that we can make the trip and that, so far, it's working out well.  Our prayer is still that the chemo/radiation will not have the adverse effects that we've been warned could happen.  He still has his hair and he's very proud of that!

God is in control and holding our hand.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had Roy's hair.

    We love your faith. I'm sure one serendipitous by-product of this ordeal is that you guys really value more than ever the really important things in life. And that is a true blessing.

    We are lifting y'all up with every prayer.

    Tim and Carole

    ReplyDelete