Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fill 'er Up and Praise the Lord!!!

We have had such a blessed day today

Roy had an appointment with the oncologist today to refill his fanny pack with the chemo that is a continuous drip.  What was ironic about it was until it beeped to say it was out of the chemical we didn't know what would happen if he ran out.  Well, it ran out just as we walked into the exam room.  Now that's what I call timing.

After visiting with the oncologist and explaining to him what all we had done over the week-end, including Roy working 7 hours Monday and going to Waco for Shay's ball game last night, he was amazed.  He asked about fatigue and nausea and we explained that there hasn't been any, he then told us if Roy hadn't had those symptoms he wouldn't expect him to have them moving forward!  Praise the Lord!  He is mighty and has answered our prayers.

Now, we know that we will have other "trials" to go through but we are taking it one celebration at a time...and we are celebrating.  Our next prayer is the low white blood cell count that comes with chemo will not cause anymore complications.  He can expect the mouth sores, etc...won't go into anymore details but God will see us through whatever else that comes our way.

I think it is so amazing that my faith is never as strong during the prayer time as it is after my prayer is answered.  I also  include the prayer that Roy wouldn't face cancer when God answered that prayer with cancer then I was fine because I knew the answer.  Now, I will pray and know there will be an answer and how ever He answers our prayers we accept it and will keep on keeping on!

Hope this all makes sense....I'm not sleeping so well....so if I don't make sense...I apologise...

God is in control and He is holding our hand.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD to hear the good news....keep going Roy! You can beat it!!!!

    ReplyDelete