Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just a little nervous...

Hadn't really planned to write anything until we came back from Houston...hopefully Thursday night, maybe sometime on Friday.  But, decided to share...

I am a little nervous about this appointment.  We have had so many positive things told to us about how Roy can do through chemo and then surgery.  If this surgeon doesn't agree with the surgeon here or tells us something different, I'm going to not be a happy camper.  Just let me live in my state of "God's in control and everything is going to be good."  I really believe that...until the doubts come...then I have to turn it back over to the Lord...

Roy umpired again tonight.  He is losing more of his hair.  Caleb is spending the night with us and was taking a shower in our shower when he commented on the amount of hair that was in the drain.  I hadn't noticed it since Roy took his shower after mine.  I asked Caleb if he wanted to clean it out..."yewww", was his answer.  Thought grandkids were suppose to step up and help their grandparents when they got old..some help he is!

Tomorrow is the first time Roy will go back for the 4-5 hour chemo session.  They will put in the other 2 drugs that take longer to administer.  He will also have his fanny pack refilled.  Prayfully, he will come home feeling well enough to make this trip.  We will go to Temple (as I said on Facebook) and get to be with the Temple grandkids...that is such a blessing to me.

God is in control and holding our hand.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Sending you prayers for peace and acceptance for whatever is to come. Thank you for your bravery in sharing this journey with those of us who care about you.

    ReplyDelete