Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1 Day Down and 62 To Go....

Today was the first day of chemotherapy.  It wasn't a very auspicious start...but I'm sure it will get better.

Roy, Caleb and I went to the doctor today.  Caleb and I went just for a little while, but after they had checked Roy's blood presssure, taken blood, checked all the vital signs there was a slight problem.  Roy passed out on us.  No one was in the room except Caleb and I.  He was sitting in a chair and I noticed he was not really aware of his surroundings.  I started calling his name and slapping him...lightly, I assure everyone...finally I turned to Caleb and very calmly asked him if he would go get a nurse for me.  Caleb was so intent on playing his DS game that he really didn't want to.  By that time, the doctor had heard me, well, actually I was yelling Roy's name, and they came and we got him conscious again.  There wasn't anything really wrong that they could find but it did put everyone on alert.  It is amazing how many people can get into one of those little examination rooms.

After that it was decided he was still good to go for chemo.  Caleb and I left to go spend our day somewhere other than that place!  Everything is fine.  He had driven himself there and this afternoon I went back and followed him home.  He came home with one of the drugs that is a contimuous drip for 7 days.  He will go back next Wednesday to have another 7 days of medicine put in his little fanny pack he has to carry around.  He also came home with lot's of anti-nausea medicine.  My prayer is no nausea.  The fatigue is to be expected but I want him to feel good even if he is tired.

So, if you will, pray for as good a day as can be.  We know this really is the beginning of the new normal for us.  Up until now nothing has really affected how he has felt.  I'm afraid we are really facing what can happen when he has cancer.

God is in control and He is holding our hand.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. We will not only pray for a good a day as can be but we will pray for a GREAT day believing that our God is one of miracles and NO nausea! Fight hard, Roy. We are in the stands rooting for you. We pray for this journey to strengthen your faith and give glory to our God as he heals your body. We love you, Bob and Marolyn

    ReplyDelete