Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A day with the doctor

I just wrote 3 paragraphs and somehow they got deleted...I'm really not good at this.

We were at the surgeons office today. If I could remember how to spell his name I'd tell who he is but it's a long name and I'm just going to call him Dr. J. We really liked him and love the fact that he talked about the miracles God has already worked in our lives...like the fact this cancer was found early. And that we are working toward a cure not just giving us more time. He gave us a lot of information and I was so thankful that Ryan was with us. He was able to listen, comprehend and explain to the sisters what is happening next....which I'm not sure I can even do now that I've had time to think about it.



  • We have an appointment tomorrow with the oncologist, Dr. Davis, tomorrow to determine when to start chemo. Roy will have to have a port put in and I think he is going to have 3 sessions of chemo. There will be surgery when he is finished with the chemotherapy.

How are we feeling? I think we are still in shock but both of us have an attitude of we'll do what we have to do. We will take it one day at a time. Our trust is in the Lord. He is in control and holding our hands as we make this journey.


I love all of you and appreciate the support that we have had and I know that we will continue to have.


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment