Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Step in the right direction

We are so thankful for the doctors we have been with the last two days. They seem to know what we need to hear and make us feel at ease.

Today we went back to the oncologist to set up the chemo procedures. The first thing he said was "I know you have a trip to Russia planned for July" (Our surgeon had already ok'd it). He then explained the chemo that Roy will go through. It will be 21 days straight, but only 1 day at a chemo facility, the other days will be with a fanny pack with medicine given through a port. He will do this 3 times...so a totally of 63 days..straight. But only 3 days sitting and the rest of the time doing whatever he feels he can do. Our prayer is that all the chemo will be finished by the 1st of July and he will have time to recover before we leave. Shana, Chris, Callie and Caleb will be going with us. Shana will do parenting classes with the young moms and Chris will be doing martial arts with the teens.

In the scheme of things Russia may not seem so important as Roy's health...and realistically it's not...I know that. But, it is a part of us keeping a normal life as much as possible. There are so many things that aren't going to be normal that I'm praying fervently for this trip.

The surgery that has to be done will be done as soon as we can schedule it when we get back. That's really when things will be "out of kilter" (is that a word???) for us.

So, please keep us in your prayers. He will have the port put in on Monday and chemo will start on Wednesday.

God is in control and is holding our hands

Linda

By the way...I know I keep repeating myself on some things...it's because I can't remember what I've written and I forget to reread my posts before I start writing the next one!!!

2 comments:

  1. Linda: Rest assured Carole and I will be praying with intensity.

    Did Roy have any symptoms prior to last week?

    Tim Perkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I know what you are going through - Jay's cancer 4 1/2 yrs ago was Stage 4 at the base of his stomach and small intestine. His reaction to chemo (almost a year) was nil and he did his similar to Roy. He was a little more tired than normal, but did all the things he wanted to such as teach 2 Bible classes and work in the yard. One more year and the doctor pronounces a "cure". Knowing Roy he will come through this like a gladiator.

    Our prayers for you both.

    Jay & Julia Baker

    ReplyDelete